View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 08:23 AM   #8
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: A Corona Virus Great Awakening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countmeworthy View Post
First of all,
Jesus tells us in John 14:1 not to let our hearts be troubled. The Precious Blood of Jesus has not only redeemed us and cleansed us from all our sins but also protects us.

SOG, I don't believe for a moment you are a lukewarm Christian. From reading your posts, you encourage the saints, and as the opportunity rises, you share your testimony and try to bring people to Jesus. I am sure you have succeeded. You have many rewards awaiting you..as do the saints here on the form.

That we are blessed with the comforts or at least some comforts of this world, I am very thankful. I am thankful I have a roof over my head, AC in the summer and heat in the winter. I am thankful I have a car, for my pets and for my caring family, friends and neighbors.

I am sure you are too as well all the forum members.

God also did not give us a spirit of FEAR. He tells us not to be anxious (Philippians 4:6-7) And boy oh boy, the media and the spread of the coronavirus is surely doing a number in scaring the pants off people. That's not to say we should not take precaution. But we were given the Spirit of Power, of LOVE and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Given the worldwide spread of the virus and especially how it is spreading here in the U.S., I do believe it is a wake up call to the lukewarm believers and the nonbelievers that the Lord has been trying to pull them to Himself.

I know there are some who believe Christians will have to go through the Tribulation. I am not of that camp. I believe all true BLOOD REDEEMED believers will not go through the trib. I believe in the rapture before the trib begins.
That doesn't mean everyone gets the same rewards at the Judgement Seat of Christ. We will all be accountable in how we served the Lord.

God is MERCIFUL, UNDERSTANDING, COMPASSIONATE AND VERY, VERY LOVING. There are times when we are not on fire or have backslidden but once we are washed in the Blood of the Lamb we cannot be plucked out of our Father's Hands! That's a fact. That's the Truth and God always KEEPS HIS WORD AND PROMISE!

I also believe there will be several raptures during the trib before the second coming of Christ which occurs at the battle of Armaggedon. For example I believe the 144k in Revelation 14 are raptured and are the same as the 144k of the 12 Tribes of Israel in Revelation 7. I also believe it is very POSSIBLE many will be raptured when the angel flying in the midst of heaving preaches the everlasting gospel to everyone that dwells on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people Rev 14:6. There will also be martyrs and there will be some, JEWS perhaps who will escape the great trib by the Grace of God. I don't know how it will all pan out.

I also don't expect everyone or even anyone here to believe how I believe but I have been a bible prophecy buff since my LC days but became a more serious student in 2005.

I believe this virus could be a preview of what's to come all be it mild in comparison. There were 10 plagues in Egypt before the exodus of the Israelites. On their last night there, God said "when I see the BLOOD, I WILL PASSOVER YOU'. In Revelation 16, 7 plagues are listed under the caption bowls of wrath.
Thanks for your thoughtful reply! Yes and AMEN!

I listened to a current video someone sent me, of Dave Ramsey (popular Christian financial guru) and he said we probably all vacillate some between stages of fear and belief. Believers still have the flesh, and the flesh gets fearful when it sees its world being shaken. But HALLELUJAH! Christ lives in us! And that is the purpose and mercy of His shaking - so we will turn from the temporary things back to Him who is The Rock! Because of Him we do not loose heart in times of "momentary light affliction, which is working for us an eternal weight of glory!" Praise Him!

Yes, God has blessed me with an incredible existence in this world - wonderful wife, business, neighbors and house, along with good health (and a really wonderful church life)! But, by His mercy, I am reminded constantly that my hope and satisfaction is not in temporal things, but rather it is, and needs to be, fully in Him that is True.

I too see multiple catching-aways (raptures) and stand on His promise to Philadelphia to keep the church of love from the "hour of trial" coming on the whole earth. However, the principle of first-fruits is also pretty evident in scripture, so I think there will be some taken before others, according to how ripe (truly close in their daily walk with the Lord) they are. And as the heat gets turned up - faster ripening . . . again, His mercy! The exact timing I'm not very clear on - if we knew this, we might suppose to know the hour of His full return in glory.