View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 06:47 PM   #50
awareness

Default Re: Erroneous teaching of Lee concerning natural affection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo S View Post
(1)If I can reduce it all into one word it's discrimination. And I'm not referring to race, religion, or personal traits. It's this; why would you focus on only one of the heads of a seven-headed monster? You cut that off and you'll only make the monster angry.

(2)BTW Ohio, Drake knew what he was doing by shunning you and he knows what he's doing now by staying off the forum. Don't let all that keep you in a state of unrest.

(3)It's true there once was a fear of leaving the one true Catholic Church but I was under the impression that today it's fear that leads people into the Catholic Church, fear of God's judgment and wrath that is (Matthew 3:7). Could it be one of the things that leads many into the Local Churches today?

(4)As far as strongholds, I agree we should bring lies into the light of scripture. However I have issue when people makes "strongholds" objects, whether people or organizations. It's the love of God that draws people out of the darkness and sets them free. If you only supply information that merely reveals the darkness, then what's left for those people that leave those organizations because of those efforts? Are they still not left in bondage?

(5)I agree that the lies embedded in Local Church doctrine are strongholds and go even further and say they are cancerous. And just like cancer, the goal is to remove the tumors without destroying the person even if that person is our enemy. Easy to say, hard to do, but it's commanded and expected of us.

(6)I too haven't had direct contact or fellowship with Nee or Lee but in reading Nee's personal words I do get a clear sense of who he was as a person of faith and see mostly him in most LC'ers, that includes Lee and Chu. If I ever get caught up in anger it's toward Watchman Nee and the naivety he had that led him to mix all the eastern mystic and new age thought into Christian doctrine. I then remember how that was once me and so I allow empathy to take over.

(7)Weren't most all of you once just like a young Nee and a young Lee, naive and idealistic? They too got caught up and ensnared in lies just like we all did. Even those in leadership today. Let's pray for them and hope the Lord breaks their chains.
1) The monster Nee cut his own head off.

2) I miss Drake

3) I don't think people join the RCC out of fear. They're born into it.

4) If God pulls the rug out from under falseness and misplaced faith, maybe it's so we end up only having faith in Him.

5) The goal is to walk away and let the system die of attrition.

6) I didn't know Nee at all, nor even Lee when it comes down to it. You know what they say, 'If you want to keep your heroes, don't get to know them.'

7) Yes. We all got caught up in lies ; Nee, Lee, and Titus too. But we don't all claim to be the authority of God on the earth.