View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 08:44 AM   #274
awareness

Default Re: One Publication

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
Then you have clearly not been in the same Local Church of Witness Lee that we are talking about on this forum.
I've pointed that out before too. Our brother Drake's local church, as depicted out here, isn't anything like the one I was in. It seems to be to me two different local churches. Because bro Drake fears some kind of retaliation he can't tell us about what localities he's been in, down thru the decades, so we're unable to understand why his LC is so different than ours. And I could be wrong, but bro Drake doesn't strike me as delusional.

As far as the controlling of the reading material in the LC I can only speak of my experience, and that of other brothers I was close to, even some of them condemned some of the books I was reading.

In the c. in Ft. Lauderdale, for example, some brothers held their fingers in the shape of a cross, like expelling the devil, because I was reading John Nelson Darby.

I was a big time reader when I came into the c. in Santa Cruz. At the time I was reading 5 books. About a month or so after coming in, and joining a service group, the elders sent a brother to tell me that reading those books wasn't allowed in the local church.

So from the time I joined to the time I left I was told what to read and what not to read.

By comparison, brother Drake's local church sounds great. But my experience, knowing the ways of the local church, tells me that it's prolly just a bait and switch sales pitch.