View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 10:31 AM   #407
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: Bible Answer Man Converts to Eastern Orthodox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
Well my brother, the only reason you know that our inheritance is in Christ is that someone taught you about this truth. Yes, you may have read that for yourself in the Bible, but for the truth to become "reality" to you (reality being a secondary meaning of ἀλήθεια Aletheia) there needs to be some expounding and expanding upon this simple yet profound truth.

So let us celebrate! Let us also be men and women of discernment. We can do both at the same time, I believe.[/COLOR]
-
Ahhh - the "Wise as serpents yet gentle as doves" thing . . . Sure and amen.

I don't know that I agree with you completely on the first paragraph. I have had things spoken directly to me by the Anointing that I'd never heard before. For instance, I was saved at a pretty young age and never spent much time in the Bible then. But when I was 18 I had a miraculous spiritual and physical renewing that came with healing inside and out. At that time the words, "I is dead" kept bubbling up inside me. I had little idea what the ramifications were, and knew no supporting scriptures - just the speaking within, which was so very clear. This really backs up the word in 1 John 2:27: "the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you."