View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 05:37 AM   #48
aron

Default Re: Living with an LC spouse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Today if you read Erasmus, you may be surprised by the depth of his writings. Luther, while he did pick up on "Justification by faith", is much more shallow. (This is my personal opinions of course, but it's the opinion of one raised Protestant fundamentalist who was trained to despise and overlook everything Catholic).
I am not arguing here that Luther made the wrong choice, and that the RCC is the "true" church. The RCC arguably abandoned the Orthodox, who would more rightly claim the "true" church mantle. But arguing over "true" churches is a waste of breath.

I just think it is interesting that when Nee and Lee left the Protestants they didn't care much about the sanctity of the church. Suddenly it was about the sanctity of the ground. But once they got it up and running, o boy do we love the church! They did a complete reversal. Now you could never question the church, or its leaders. Even if they were wrong they were the shepherds of the flock. But that logic didn't hold when Nee and Lee were under the Protestants.

The problem with being a fundamentalist is that you hold the rules when they are to your benefit, but when they aren't helpful you ignore them, and search for other rules.