View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 06:15 PM   #804
HERn

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
Totally agreed on this! But keep in mind, this same thing goes for ANYTHING I put in the quotes and quips module. Unless you know of the "One Quoter with the One Quoting Ministry for the age," then they are all to be taken with a grain of salt the size of a mack truck.

Bottom line is: I put up about 300 or so quotes a year. There is bound to be a stinker or two..or three or....The good news it will be replaced at some point tomorrow morning, and brother Basil will be out of our hair.

-
Not a problem. I benefited from the reminder to be generous. Keep it coming, I respect the church fathers and as a Protestant I can "take them or leave them" without much concern. At a combined board meeting last month I mentioned mentioned that giving is a Christian discipline like prayer and meditation on the word and that new Christians should be taught to give. Well, the Assistant Pastor recently asked if my wife and I would give a testimony in the missional moment of a service on giving and generosity. We are really not very sacrificial, I think we are only recently giving 10% of our gross, for a long time it was only 10% of our net. Everyone is at a differen place and with a different amount of faith. I remember in a sermon that RK said they were giving more than 20% and that he tried to increase it every year.