View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 04:27 PM   #727
Ohio

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
"having a feeling for the Body" is a loaded, coded catch phrase. The end result is promoting hierarchy. Decisions other than setting meeting times requires approval from Living Stream Ministry. It's like when you're in grade school and raising your hand for permission to use the restroom.
Think about how degraded the Recovery has become. There was a time when following the leading of the Spirit was sought after and extolled. This brought much liberty to all the members. "If the Son shall set you free, you shall be really free."

Now all the members, especially those in any kind of leadership position, are afraid of this. They have been so spooked by Lee and the Blendeds to fear any kind of personal obedience. Every past "storm" was used by them to reinforce these degraded notions of solidarity, because it is in no way the oneness of the Spirit.

To me this is worse than so-called hierarchy. One old friend of mine in the South East likened his LC to "living in a police state." Every move he made was monitored by others waiting to report him to headquarters for "offending the body" with his "independence." That's the liberty of the Spirit missing in degraded Christianity? No thanks.