View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 10:09 AM   #27
Freedom

Default Re: How do I know if I found the one true church?

On the subject of Revivalists, I would say that they were effective so as long as they acted as problem-solvers. Notice how no one here has ever denied the possibility that Lee may have had valid criticism about the state of various Christian groups during his time.

For the sake of argument, lets say WL identified a set of problems that he sought to remedy, and his ministry encompassed what he believed to be that 'remedy'. That very well could have been the case, except for one thing. Even after 10 or 20 years of ministry, Lee was still speaking about so-called "degraded Christianity." If his ministry was meant to solve some kind of problem, and that problem was believed to have been solved, then why was everyone in the LC still so concerned about Christian groups on the outside? The fact that they were still so obsessed with the problem instead of the supposed 'solution' proves that his ministry never was a solution to anything.

In LC hymn #1273, the following lyrics are found:
For the church has fallen low, Thinking everything they know...
and
Overcome degraded Christianity!

When I read those kinds of lyrics, I wonder about their purpose. Again, the LC believes it to be the one true church. If they really believe that to be the case, and believe themselves to be in a state of 'recovery', then why do they so quickly point their fingers at Christianity?
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote