View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #48
Hope

Default Re: Andrew Yu and Chris Wilde interviewed by Bible Answer Man Hank Hanegraa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
I never heard this information about Brother Hope. We in Greater Ohio were informed by LSM publications that the real “Leader of the Rebellion in the Southeast” was Bill Mallon. Because of his subversive activities in cahoots with John Ingalls, he was rightly quarantined. Recently I was informed again of the "tactics" which Bill Mallon employed, such as returning to the "pure word" of God.

The official line on Hope which I was told was that he moved to NC and got "swallowed up by the world," thus leaving the door open for this "backslider" to repent and be restored.
Ohio,

This is quite a surprise to me. If I had only gone into the world, why no contact? Why was I excluded from the invitation to the conference for fear that the BBs would have grounds to accuse Titus of "a conspiracy of dissension?" I was recently told that Titus warned the co-workers in 1989 regarding WL's ugly outburst in Atlanta that it was directed at me and they all needed to be careful for I had been much liked by WL in the past.

Yes, dear old Brother Mallon was the whipping boy for the Southeast. In the winter of 1988 in Irving, Bill and I confronted WL in a private meeting witnessed by a few of the BBs. WL seemed to take it from me but was very upset with Bill Mallon.

After the spring of 1989, I was never contacted by any of my old friends in Texas or by any of the brothers in the LSM loyal churches in the Southeast. One brother from Tennessee who attended the conference in 1989 where I spoke told me to his great surprise he had gotten life. He had been told I was in rebellion. Two young co-workers from the west coast where in Irving in the early 90s and took hospitality with couple in Arlington. Somehow my name came up and they gave the couple the title of "Leader of the Rebellion in the Southeast." They rebuked these co-workers and showed them pictures of our children on their refrigerator.

Frank Corley's father informed me that he was told by brothers in Irving that I was "the leader of the Rebellion in the Southeast."

These are some of the sources where I picked this up.

By the way, how could someone in Ohio know if I had been "swallowed up by the world?" Who gave you that piece of gossip?

Hope, Don Rutledge
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote