View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 03:44 PM   #121
aron

Default Re: LSM versus Christian teaching, 1965 - 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbear View Post
Once you're forced to stay in a bubble, it's hard to realize you are getting shafted when there are way better options outside your myopic world...

The same happened to me when I lived in the LC bubble. I thought we were the cream of the crop among all Christians growing up. The only comparison I had were the televangelists I saw on TV which validated my narrow LC Christian worldview. It wasn't until I started reading authors outside of WNee/WLee and meeting other Christians that this bubble popped and I realized these guys had something that was way better.

I'd been deceived all along into thinking that Witness Lee was the MOTA and every other Christian had shallow and superficial relationships with Jesus. It was quite a startling realization to know that it was the other way around. I was the one with the superficial relationship, and a whole bunch of other Christians who were living by faith and practicing God's word and not just parroting it were the ones with the real relationship.

Luke 11:28
But he said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”

James 1:22
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
The LSM makes a false choice to it's followers: it's either us or Jimmy Swaggert. So the LC member stops looking, even refuses to look or hear if God tries to talk to them from "Christianity". It's a false dichotomy. There are Christian voices out there. People who are involved in real, dynamic, give-and-take transformational learning. The voyage isn't over yet.