View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 07:05 PM   #136
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: Plumb the depths of Adoption

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weighingin View Post
Hi ZNP,

It appears my response earlier today didn't go through.

My understanding of the sealing of the spirit is that it's a mark made by God to designate His chosen ones for His purpose. Once a document is sealed, the seal has been impressed into it and they can't be separated. I also understood it to be something divine imparted into the one sealed.
I submit this without having researched or gotten a recent refreshment on this topic. I still struggle to grasp this and other divine matters.
Thanks, that is what WL shared.

The way I see it God the Father blessed us with every blessing -- that is the covenant we have with God, and if we keep that covenant then the promise is we will receive the "adoption of sons", a legally binding document that entitles us to our inheritance.

God the Son has already received this, having been declared the Son of God. If we are "in Him" we also "obtain" an inheritance and become a heritage for those of the faith. Jesus is the incarnated word, the author and perfecter of the faith. When you are in Him you express Him and your story, like Ruth's becomes part of the heritage of all the saints.

Then, we still need the sealing of the Spirit. Just like God told Gideon, He couldn't allow 30,000 Israelites to defeat 130,000 Midianites or else they would think they did it. So He winnowed it down to 300 so there was no doubt that it was God.

2 And Jehovah said to Gideon, The people that are with thee are too many for me to give Midian into their hand, lest Israel vaunt themselves against me, saying, Mine own hand hath saved me.

We saw this time and again, the Lord stepped in so that there was no doubt who had signed, or who had sealed this covenant. That is the purpose for a seal, so that you know it was God who signed it.