View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 05:37 AM   #33
YP0534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Hey YP,

The verse that jumps out to me is in Matthew where the Lord Jesus declared, "I will build my church and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it."

This verse is according to Jesus, as God, declaring something that has not come into being yet, but from His perspective, has existed from before the foundation of the world. It is from such a verse and others where Gods perspective is seen (like Ephesians chapter 5), that the universal church, as compared to the local church, is seen.

Sorry got to run to fellowship this morning!

in His love,

Shawn
I'm sorry.

I don't see what you are saying supported by the verse you have cited at all.

The verse says "I will build My assembly" but this does not show that the "Universal Church" is something that our Father views, which is what I asked about.

Likewise, I am, of course, aware of all the Ephesians verses, but I do not know of one that says that the "Universal Church" is something that our Father views.

I think you need to slow down and really look at the verses and not just rely upon all the teachings. My point is that the verses don't actually support the teachings we've all heard about.

This is my goal.
To know the truth of the Bible and not the teachigns.

I'm glad you are fellowshipping with me in it!
Let each walk as the Lord has distributed to each, as God has called each, and in this manner I instruct all the assemblies. 1 Cor. 7:17
YP0534 is offline   Reply With Quote