View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 06:58 PM   #132
Evangelical

Default Re: Does "Baptist" Mean to a Baptist What "Recovery" Means..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons to Glory! View Post
Here is an interesting thing concerning the oneness, that came from Harry Foster, a close co-worker of T. Austin Sparks for 40 years. Bro Foster gave this at Spark's passing ceremony in 1971:
Interesting that Sparks appeared to be saying (via Foster) that the oneness had more to do with the cross taking care of personal and internal divisiveness rather than adhering to something external.

Over and over recently I've been pointed back to the reality of this - all things we think we need to come up with, are actually in Christ (i.e., rather than something I need to get myself worked-up to do). In other words, turning to Him and experiencing His life in us is ALL those things we need - including oneness. It's not some external practice that I think makes sense (even from scripture). This is the New Covenant . . . not the letter, but the power of His indestructible life in and through us.

I think Sparks had it right.
He seems to be talking about the invisible reality but what about the practical? It's easy to be one with other believers, we only have to say and believe we are, even if watch church TV. But practically how? The visible reality should match the invisible reality. The external practice of meeting together should be the practical expression of the reality.
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote