View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 06:36 PM   #116
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: Does "Baptist" Mean to a Baptist What "Recovery" Means..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
With these sorts of questions a yes/no answer is not possible. It's like asking the question - if a muslim goes to America does it make them a terrorist?

So my answer is it depends what you are promoting when you take the table. It also depends on what others are promoting when they take the table. It depends what the table is there for - is it just to promote the faction or not? e.g. Catholic table is only for Catholics, so I know their table is not for every believer in the city.

It depends what you are promoting when you take the table. If I feel it is only for people of the Church in Scottsdale then maybe its a division. If people of any denomination are welcome then probably not a division.

It depends if they are promoting their faction at the table or not.

An example might help. In the time of Christ, the Jewish factions were the Scribes, Pharisees and Sadducee. Suppose a Scribe wanted to partake of communion at the table with the 12 disciples. He had a choice to promote the unity of the 12 disciples or promote the faction of the Scribes. It depends what he is promoting.

The bread on the table symbolizes the oneness of all believers everywhere. If the bread on the table symbolizes the oneness of believers in a particular faction then it cannot be a genuine Lord's table.
Thanks. That seemed pretty thoughtfully conveyed.

So, okay, let's say I'm just meeting with a group of Christians. We are all pretty young and simple in the Lord - just wild & youthful Jesus lovers. We have read "Do this in remembrance of Me" in the Bible and have decided to do that. We believe we are one with every Christian in the area we meet (and the rest of the world), because that's what the Anointing within tells us. And others come from different groups from time to time, and just take the bread and wine with us. Everyone enjoys the one Spirit together and are filled with His love. Very pure & enjoyable fellowship results.

Then let's say there is a group meeting in the city. Let's say Scottsdale, on the ground of oneness (who for legal purposes the state calls "The Church in Scottsdale"). The ones in the first group know of this Scottsdale Church gathering. They have fellowship and take the table together. They enjoy the one Spirit. They are filled with Christ's love for each other.

And they all feel free to take the bread and the wine in various places, as the occasion arises, because the Spirit tells them they are one with all believers.

Is there anything divisive going on?
Sons to Glory! is offline   Reply With Quote