View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 02:34 PM   #92
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: Does "Baptist" Mean to a Baptist What "Recovery" Means..

Quote:
by Drake post #88 you tried to encourage him to abandon his normal church life practice and hit the road and attend any ol' place with a sign hanging out front that says "Church" he might have thought that he could not do that before the Lord because to do so would violate a sacred principle that to meet with someone who separates themselves from the Body because of a doctrine or practice is to endorse division.
So assuming you weren't actually funnin' me (maybe the joke is on me - I am still finding it quite amusing ), let's break it down:

1. "you tried to encourage him to abandon his normal church life practice" I tried to put a mind altering drug in his coffee too.

2. "and attend any ol' place with a sign hanging out front that says 'Church'" Because that's not an accurate description of a bonefide ekklesia?

3. "he might have thought that he could not do that before the Lord because to do so would violate a sacred principle that to meet with someone who separates themselves from the Body because of a doctrine or practice is to endorse division" Who are we talking about here? (OIC, at least I think I do . . . sorta - I'm endorsing division, right?)
Sons to Glory! is offline   Reply With Quote