View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 10:51 PM   #159
kumbaya

Default Re: First Post kumbaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOrchid View Post
Hey
Just read your opening post, Kumbaya. Wanted to say yea it's off that the church hierarchy is just like that of an MLM. a triangle.
Where in the Bible, the leaders would lift the people up so they could be closer to God. No ego. No position of lording over the people... No wonder followers of Jesus flipped the world upside down, cause it was the entire worldly modal flipped upside down!
No wonder they were known for their love!! Cause ego and money were not running the show. It was truly different.

Jesus is not of this world, and the way following Jesus works is not the way of the world, either.

By the way love love love your analogy of the dirty kitchen!!
I read that a few days ago and got a good chuckle.
That whole messy kitchen/spit out the bone and eat the meat analogy has been said so many times!!

But we don't want to eat food prepared in a kitchen with cockroaches and flies. And for the chicken, free range organic and local, not poopy sickly, gmo factory farm chicken, please. haha. :P

~Blue Orchid
Yes! I’m actually GLAD that sister told me that bc I would have NEVER considered that without her trying to “help me.” I know she thought she was and I really like her a lot but at the end of the day-there’s a reason why there are health inspectors for restaurants and apologetics and teachings on best practices to lead others spiritually. I really believe you have to get the practices to a good place if you want good “food.” your post is so encouraging and full of life- I needed it, thank you! I was feeling a little down earlier but Jesus is Lord and I agree with your post on saying His name more. You’re right, I don’t know if it’s just the culture or what but we all need to say Jesus more!!)
kumbaya is offline   Reply With Quote