View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 07:30 AM   #472
Cal

Default Re: Poignant Reference on Church History - D.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
www.lordsrecovery.us/SeattleLetter2016B.pdf

Letter excerpt from Bellevue brother:
When I read letters like that one my first thought is "shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them." There is really no negotiating with these people and I'm not sure why anyone would want to. The best thing to do is just shrug your shoulders and say "Okay. Fine. Have a nice life."

The problem former members run into is continuing to think these people, this group, this movement, still have some spiritual authority or special standing over them. I could say they don't, and I believe that, but each person has to come to that conclusion for his or her own self.

At some point you just have to say, "Sorry, I disagree," and move on. If I was living in Seattle or Bellevue, I would simply ignore these guys. I would write them off, as it says in Matthew 18, and regard them as heathens. They don't have anything I need or anything I can't get anywhere else. They cannot restrict my access to Christ, nor suspend my enjoyment of the Church, the Kingdom, or any other blessing promised by God. And their implication that they can, their use of hubris, fear and intimidation to control others, is the pure work of Satan. I wouldn't hate them, but I do pity them.

Now if you are concerned for those they are still deceiving, or those they might deceive, those saints you love and want to see set free, that's one thing. That's why I post here. But one need never seek the approval or acceptance of these darkened leaders. Life's too short, and it's a mistake to think they hold the keys to anything you need.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote