View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 11:29 AM   #425
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: MERGED THREAD: Leaders of the Lord's Recovery

Two posts by Indiana way back in 2009. I don't remember these or the Larry Chi letter. I must of been out sick that day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
http://www.twww.twoturmoils.com/TaipeiHistory.pdf

Larry Chi wrote a book that included the history of the church in Taipei and some other churches in Taiwan, after he left the recovery in 1985, (approximately). The book included a word about the young Titus Chu who had come onto the scene and became involved in giving training sessions, and became a concern to others, including Witness Lee. He is still a concern, whether or not it should be so great as "advertised".

The word about him is not included in the link above; but some very interesting historical accounts are given, including what is referred to as the 1965 massacre, which should relate to the 1966 so-called rebellion.

I can't confirm Larry Chi's accuracy, but he was certainly burdened to give his viewpoints, based on his experience and observation. He was in his 80s when I contacted him last in CA, both by phone and email, 5 years ago. He was referred to me by another dear Chinese brother in his 80s, from Sydney, who has since passed away. Both brothers were very much concerned for the developments that took place before them in the recovery under the leadership of Witness Lee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
I received two copies of the book from Larry Chi, written in Chinese. This might have been in 2003. Just part of it was on the history and I had that part alone translated by a Chinese professional. The rest of the book was on teachings, which I was not interested in at the time, and it would have been far to expensive to translate. The book is not online anywhere.

The two copies of the book are in the hands of two Chinese brothers, one of them being a brother who runs the concerned brothers site. He could confirm the word spoken about Titus, which for some reason is missing from the document I posted. I must have removed that speaking for some reason at one time, but haven't been able to retrieve the information.

The book had been circulated among Chinese to some degree, but no one had it translated into another language, particularly English. I wondered how this could be that the book was written in the eighties and I come along in the 2000s and have it translated. The price was high ($680) and the Chinese could have done it themselves for the sake of English readers, but for some reason no one did. I was told it was a cultural matter just as there was no warning from the Chinese about Daystar at its inception. Don Hardy had mentioned this that the Chinese saints, including Samuel Chang, could have given the history of WL's failed business ventures in the Far East and warned at least the elders in Southern CA who were cooperating with the hype for Daystar. Don said not a word of warning was given and that the brothers would have stopped him had they known.

What Ohio said about Titus likening WL to a father and giving him a pass at every turn is the heighth of cultural interference with God's moving and working in the Body in genuine display of spiritual authority and activity. In this matter I do not appreciate Titus Chu and the passivity of those under his influence in the GLA, as they do make strange bedfellows with those on LaPalma avenue in preserving the lies that prevail in the churches, and in keeping their Idol shiny, clean, and APPROVED - instead of smashing it into a thousand pieces.
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote