View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 03:47 AM   #220
Unregistered

Default Re: LSM's Etymological Errors - Nigel Tomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
So Nigel's hard work turns out to be just another opinion? So why all the footnotes and such? Is Nigel's work just an exercise in futility, or maybe a struggle in his own mind, still trying to get free it from Witness Lee?

No wonder no one wants to deal with it.

So rename the thread so that it's honest. Name it something like : Nigel's Opinions of Lee's Etymological Errors.

What's so great about Nigel's opinions anyway. May as well be my opinions.

What?..what's so great about Nigel's....'opinions'?

They are hardly opinions, my friend, and even if so, they are based on meticulous and solid research and up to date linguistic theory that has been peer-reviewed for over fifty years.

I may well as have the infernal cheek to ask what was so great about Pythagora's 'opinion' that the world may not be flat after all, and may even actually be round? How dare I? What if I upset the faith of some who are so firmly set on their belief that the world is as flat as a pancake? It were far better that I leave them to wallow in their ignorance, right?

If you wish to, you can sail to the edge of the Scriptures and fall off the edge to God knows where!!!...I, on the other hand, like Columbus before me, shall set sail for India in the opposite direction, and maybe, just maybe, I may discover a New World.