View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #44
awareness

Default Re: LSM's Etymological Errors - Nigel Tomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I realized the difference in dates when John and Bill were kicked out and when Titus was kicked out. The material on the web is extensive. I have heard of Nigel but was unfamiliar with his relationship with the "brothers'. I knew John and Bill but I never met Titus although many brothers I worked with in the LC knew him well. Titus was never part of the LC in crowd and was visited by WL infrequently. The in crowd were mostly in Anaheim and Texas. The two who migrated to Detroit in 1971 (Ron Kangas and the other escapes me) became two of the three elders in Detroit. I knew Ron Kangas quite well and from my perspective he was always more a "spiritual" type of person even though he was very bright as reflective of his Princeton U. background. The elders in Detroit were more heavy handed (mostly from the Anaheim influence) than I had experienced elsewhere but I never desired to be a part of the inner circle myself since I was more involved in "recruitment" on campuses and of other groups in the area to put it in its simplest terms. I read some of what Nigel said about the Song of Songs and I quite agree although it kinds of breaks my bubble of what I experienced back in the day.
Hey Dave. The elders back then in Detroit were Ron Kangas, Harry Ahlers, and Tim Scroggins. They replaced the elders that had taken the ground in Detroit, who had come out of The Assemblies of God.

I hung with 'em all, including RK, in his living room, who I loved dearly. I saw up close that his wife didn't love him like I did. She obviously saw him differently than I. I wonder why?

It was then, when I discovered that Lee had sent in his elders, that pushed out the existing elders, that I saw Witness Lee was acting hypocritical to his own teaching on the autonomy of the local ground.

But I was so gong-ho back then I just shelved that in the back of my mind.

Then Lee ordered migrations. And another one was added to the shelf.

There were more revelations of Lee hypocrisies along the way. My self was getting heavy.

The one that resulted in me getting the boot was the claim that Lee was The One And Only Apostle on the earth. And that's okay, the cognitive dissonance built up til I couldn't take it any more. My shelf was about to break, anyway. And I needed to throw it all out, and use my mental shelf for better, more true, things, perchance.

So thinks Nigel for lending a hand, to that end.