View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 01:32 PM   #10
Cal

Default Re: LSM's Etymological Errors - Nigel Tomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
I like Tomes' writing, and his scholarly approach, and wish he would put it to better service. There is a lot of positive stuff to write about, and feed the sheep, instead of simply telling them that Lee was a flim-flam man.

Maybe I am only getting a small portion of Tomes' output. Maybe some people who are "on the fence" about Lee will be helped. But I just see him going over, in a very careful and thorough fashion, something that really doesn't deserve the effort.

As far as hidden codes I've never gotten into that subject. Hidden meanings. What part of "love your neighbor" needs secret codes?

Sorry if I'm in a dismissive mood today. It probably tells more about my moodiness than the material at hand. But my point remains that Tomes is capable of much better. Perhaps he is doing much better, elsewhere, and I've missed it. Perhaps this is just his side hobby, when he gets moody like some of the rest of us. Because if this is his main focus, then he is mis-aiming.
It's possible he is just studying for his own clarity, and then publishing the results. LC leaders were more heavily indoctrinated and brainwashed that the rest of us.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote