View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #68
Ohio

Default Re: MERGED THREAD: Leaders of the Lord's Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by countmeworthy View Post
Hi Ohio and all,
You are not alone in having been taken or deceived. I too have been deceived by people who I trusted or fell for their sad but hopeful stories. So have a lot of people here and even people in the secular world. Think of all the people who have been scammed by the Ponzie schemes of the Bernie Madoffs !!
Reminiscing on our LC experiences in the context of this thread, I had a couple thoughts ...

It's naive to think that we alone in the Recovery were deceived. Who on earth has never been duped? Why should we think any less of ourselves, when Jesus our Lord Himself was deceived and betrayed by a kiss. He once spent the whole night praying, and then He still chose Judas! Since the time the Serpent questioned Eve in the garden, deception has been the lot of all mankind. Being deceived should never cause us to lose heart or question our faith in God. It is a natural occurrence of man, allowed by God, that we might trust in our Heavenly Father more closely, since He alone is true and faithful. (Romans 3.4)

It is absolutely arrogant for LC leaders to think they have never hurt or damaged their people. Only the same spirit of pride that occupied the Pharisees of old would cause them to think thus. Look at the long trail of former members crying out for reconciliation and justice. Voices are coming from every direction to the leaders of LSM, yet they would not even provide the courtesy of answering the phone. They will spend hours and days and weeks writing tracts, smearing reputations, and threatening lawsuits, yet would not spend five minutes to hear what former members have to say.