View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 04:18 PM   #8
Ohio

Default Re: Witness Lee had one narrative - John Smith from San Diego had another

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
Witness Lee commented from his book about the same meeting:

"Before I went to Irving in December 1987, I had an elders’ meeting with the leading ones in Southern California. During that meeting, [B]John Smith stood up to say that numbers do not represent anything, and he went on to mention things such as statistics, budgets, work, and activity. By that time Rosemead had already rebelled, and this kind of speaking was a repetition of what was spoken there as accusations. By listening to all the sharing in that elders’ meeting in Orange County, I realized that the whole situation had been poisoned by John Ingalls.' (p. 59, FPR).

"This was Brother Lee’s reaction to brothers who shared from their heart about serious problems in their localities. He gave the impression that his own objectives were more important than listening to the Body and to the concerns of responsible elders for their localities. These speakings by Dick Taylor, John Smith, and others were from their own experience and had not been influenced by John Ingalls."
We have a choice. We can believe the numerous accounts of all the men of God who left the LC's, or we can believe Witness Lee's farcical account of this "vast global conspiracy," which btw is the same version of events he has used for every "storm" in the recovery.