View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 07:50 AM   #170
Ohio

Default Re: The Bible Answer Man Converts to The Eastern Orthodox Church!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastofthese View Post
So the Catholics point to Peter as the ground for the true church, right? And the Orthodox because they have held true to the practices, traditions, and teachings of the apostles? And the LSM because Witness Lee recovered a divine revelation from God on the importance of the ground of oneness manifested through a ministry in Anaheim?
He who has ears to hear, let him hear that the ground of the true church is the crucified and resurrected Christ.

And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this Rock I will build My church, and the forces of Hades will not overpower it. -- Mt 16.18

Therefore, as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, overflowing with gratitude. -- Col 2.6-7

As the temple building, the true church is build upon Christ our solid Rock foundation.

As a living organism, the true church is rooted in Christ our fertile ground.

For those LC'ers who reject the scriptures, Paul has an admonishing word in the following verse:

Take heed lest any one makes spoil of you through his philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. -- Col 2.8

Note that the "one church one city" model is from the traditions of men, introduced initially by W. Nee, and perpetuated by W. Lee and the Blendeds, in order to take you captive as their "spoils."