View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 06:38 AM   #219
Ohio

Default Re: My Local Church Experience - And My Testimony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
The meaning of the word denominate means a sect of Christianity, and not a genuine church. This is explained on the Catholic encyclopedia. Even Catholics understand the difference between a genuine church and a denomination. Catholics understand that to call a church by another name is to create a sect. That is why they just call themselves the catholic church.
This is crazy.

Catholics have been calling themselves Catholics for centuries, long before any other churches "officially" existed. I say "officially" because before and during the dark ages numerous communities of Christians (real churches with or without your proper franchise name) met in secret for fear of papal thugs, the latter day version of Judaizer dogs.

But this speaks to a greater topic, that of distorted oneness. I call distorted oneness one of the greatest evils of church history. Rome used this to its full advantage for centuries. The basic question is this: How far should the church go astray in order to remain "one?" Look at what the papal system accomplished. In the name of oneness they worshiped Mary, established the corrupt Vatican, ordained supposedly celibate priests, sold indulgences, etc. (I could spend all day completing this list.)

Untold corruption under threat of retribution was all accomplished in the name of oneness, not genuine Biblical oneness, but distorted oneness. The same kind of distorted oneness promoted by all exclusive groups, including the Peebs and the Blendeds.