View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 08:10 AM   #4671
OBW

Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Yo, OBW, just like John McCain, if you wanted some "love" in your life, you did the right thing -- just hate the Trump, and the Lefty's here will love you.

Oh, and do take some time and tell us about that terrible Ted Cruz.
Your response is expected (from someone — not necessarily you). Everything is black and white. There are the Conservatives and Liberals. Nothing in between. Polarization gone viral. Nobody can have any considerations to the left of the far right without being in Bernie Sander's pocket.

I had more to say, but I think that this sums up the problem with the Evangelical Christian love fest with Trump.

FEAR
Fear of:
Liberals
Foreigners
Other ethnicities
Gays
Abortionists
There is no consideration that the kingdom of the world is not (at this time) the kingdom of our God. But we are. And we should live like we are. We should "fear not." Fear not the sword, or the tax man. Or the civil allowance of "marriage" between two persons of the same sex.

We are not required to define marriage for purposes of the church on the basis of the civil/legal definition in vogue at the time.

But we are required to love them the same as we love ourselves. And the way so many Christians are railing against people not like themselves (other ethnicities, those in the caravan, from Middle-Eastern nations, LGBQ, etc.) it is clear that they either are failing at the call to love, or don't really think much of themselves.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote