View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 08:12 AM   #522
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default The Vision of the Age, the Ministry of the Age, and the Minister of the Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
There is no minister of the age without its starting point the vision of the age. Not everyone in this forum agrees that there is such a thing as a vision or ministry of the age. And those that agree that there are such a things do not agree on what they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
The question that we have asked repeatedly is for a Biblical basis to say that there is "The Minister of The Age".

I think ZNP, and maybe some others, have made a good case that these three terms, Vision of the Age, Ministry of the Age and Minister of the Age are simply man-made constructs that are being misapplied to a mere human minister and to his personal vision and ministry.

If there is a Vision of Age then it must be related to the vision given to us in the Word of God, and most specifically the New Testament. The Ministry of the Age is the New Testament Ministry, which does not belong to any one particular person per se. The apostle Paul clearly says "We have this ministry" (2 Cor 4:1). It is THIS ministry that Paul refers to that should be considered The Ministry of The Age. The Minister of the Age is none other then our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the Author and perfecter of our faith, our Great High Priest.

All this being said, I think it is incumbent upon the followers to Witness Lee to show how the human constructs concerning a man and his personal vision and ministry should be put on an equal plane with the descriptions I have given above. The authors of the website article have provided a truckload of quotes of Nee and Lee as their main support for these human constructs. Very convenient. Very self-referential. Very unscholarly. When it comes to strong biblical support the brothers at afaithfulword.org are found wanting. They are found wanting because the man who taught them these human constructs was found wanting himself.

-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote