View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #32
Ohio

Default Re: Nullification of the function of the body members

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
My assertion is that if there were no profit motive in the LSM / LRC then their would be no "ground of the church" doctrine.
Based on all the evidence I have read, I hesitate to agree that this was the primary motive. The root cause seems to be two-fold. Firstly to prove that all those western missionary boards in China had gone astray, and then secondly to prove that young Chinese intellectuals could outsmart those overseas British. Ego and pride seem to have taken precedence over the love of money. But, of course, as time went on, the perks of a healthy payroll were hard to pass up.

Witness Lee's early business failures seem to verify this. I think he truly believed that whatever businesses he initially embarked on were not for filthy lucre, but for the furtherance of the Lord's move thru him. Lee had grandiose ideas that God would bless his every endeavor. How could he not be blessed from on high since he had succeeded Nee as the Minister of the Age? When things went sour, he naturally felt that he was above the law, since he ministered for the Lord.