View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 03:10 AM   #32
Kevin

Default Re: What should I be looking for in a church?

When I left LCM four months ago, I was wandering where to start again my Christian life. So, I tried entering different churches seeking and hungering for the truth. It was then through John Piper 's ministry, Desiring God Ministries that brought me to the reformed faith. I know a lot of you won't agree everything on reformed theology. However, I asked the in prayer Lord that he would give me a discipler who could help me to grow my relationship with Him. The Lord answered my prayer and the person is a Reformed Christian. But there is no reformed church here in my place. So now, he is mentoring me as his disciple. He even told me to go back to LCM for the sake of unity in the midst of diversity and diversity without conformity because he doesn't proselytize me to any denomination. So I did, just one type of meeting, but it went wrong when this elder faced me up and asked me to come over at the elders' office tomorrow. We somehow argued each other. I ran to my mentor and explained him everything.

If ever they will come over my house in order to notify me that I am quarantined that I wasn't able to meet them up. I will directly say to them. If an elder's teaching is inconsistent with God's Word or contradicts it, abusing the flock, lording over others and promoting what materials should be exclusively used, a person is under NO obligation to obey and better he must leave the congregation. False teachers are NOT to be obeyed, but rather rejected! Its is better to obey God rather than mere fallible men. A Christian should not go against the authority of scriptures. Here I stand.

Quote:
Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason - I do not accept the authority of the popes and councils, for they have contradicted each other - my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not recant anything for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. God help me. Amen. ~ Martin Luther
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote