Thread: My Testimony
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 08:21 PM   #42
HERn

Default Re: My Testimony

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Beginnings View Post
Since we have been on the topic of women, I’d like to write about submissiveness. But first, here is some scripture that I found quite wonderful.

“Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives, 2 when they observe your chaste conduct accompanied by fear. 3 Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel— 4 rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. 5 For in this manner, in former times, the holy women who trusted in God also adorned themselves, being submissive to their own husbands, 6 as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, whose daughters you are if you do good and are not afraid with any terror.” 1 Peter 3 (NKJV)

Very precious in the sight of God, these words are so beautiful to me. So do I believe in submission? Absolutely!

But I would like to talk about gender roles. God created men and women very differently. There is no question about that. Eve was created to be Adam’s counterpart, companion, and other half. Together they represent the perfect balance of masculine and feminine.

Women were created to be nurturers with sensitive hearts and gentle spirits. These qualities enable them to care for their husbands’ and children’s needs, both body, mind, and soul.

The role of men is that of protection, judgement and provision. I’ve often wondered if satan had approached Adam with the forbidden fruit first, would mankind have fallen into sin? I guess we can’t know for sure, but I have a feeling there was a reason the serpent targeted Eve first.

However, when a husband uses poor judgement and leads his family into sin, or fails to provide for their needs, or fails to protect and instead does harm, where do we draw the line? I don’t really know the answer to this. But I do believe that the Almighty Father loves his daughters and does not delight in their suffering.

In my opinion, a women should submit to Christ first and then to her husband.
Submission should never be out of fear, but only out of Love.
God may hate divorce, but I don't think He hates divorced people. In my opinion before a Christian husband or wife decides to divorce they should seek spiritual and psychological counseling, but immediate separation to protect lives and sanity may be wise. Just my personal feeling, not meant to condemn anyone.