View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 09:05 AM   #35
Ohio

Default Re: From a concerned parent

I came from a large Catholic family, and was by no means the most well-behaved kid on the block, but I had a dynamic salvation while reading the Bible in bed after coming home from night school. Everyone, and I mean everyone who knew me, especially my parents, took immediate notice, like the case in Mark 1.27 ...
Quote:
And they were all amazed, so that they discussed among themselves, saying, What happened? Some new teaching?
Then, after visiting many Christian gatherings, I came across the Church in Cleveland. Many things were so wonderful, but their persistent judgmental attitudes began to spoil my new found loves in Christ.

Soon I went to my first training in Anaheim, which was on the book of Revelations. On the one hand I was so filled in Spirit in all the meetings, that my cursed smoking habit just vanished. That was miraculous! On the other hand, I was so steeped in hatred for Catholicism, that I went back home and condemned my family for their idolatry. The LC constantly harped on separation from everything. Their banner was, "Come out of her My people." They seemed far more interested in me leaving my friends and family than me loving my friends and family.