View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 10:20 AM   #127
Trapped

Default Re: Merged Thread: The Gospel Vs "God's Economy"

Drake, in my post I said "I understand that God "went through a process" on earth. I am fine with that. But to say that "God was processed" hits me with a clang."

I have an issue with the term "the processed God" or the phrase that "God was processed", not the facts that God did pass through what can be described as the "process" of incarnation, human living, death, resurrection, etc.

I think ZNPaaneah said at least a part of my hangup well......."being processed" implies an external source or input or "processor". Someone may say, "well the Son was sent by the Father so there is the "external" source", but sending someone isn't the same as processing them.

To use analogies (that Drake knows I don't like using, but this is a simple one I think), just like to become a lawyer, you go through certain experiences (studying, passing the bar exam, etc), but no one has "processed" you to become a lawyer, or would ever say that. Even if you could do some linguistic gymnastics to show that grammatically it's technically okay to say someone is now a "processed lawyer", what benefit does it serve to say it that way and how does that help?

Edit to add: I think somehow it takes away from what God went through....it removes the "active" sense of everything He endured and experienced for us. Still trying to sort out the clang.
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote