View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 08:37 AM   #3
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: Two Year Training Testimonies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have lost friends who came out as totally different people (I was no longer "good" enough). Seems like a good experience (or so they say) for most, but all will admit that it was hard, and if you read the rules, you can understand why. They are completely ridiculous (my opinion). Hope that helps.
To Unregistered:

I assume you're a "Church kid". Thanks for your candid observations. The thing that sticks out to me the most is your comment "I was no longer 'good' enough". (As one who spent about 20 years in the LC movement I know exactly what you mean) After two years of "gospel service", one would think that a trainee would speak and conduct themselves in a manner that comports with the speaking and actions of the Lord Jesus, and even the early apostles.

Yes, the Gospel message does include the annunciation of an exclusive and narrow way, (cf: "no one comes to the Father except through me" John 14:16) yet we see that in the Gospels the Lord Jesus treated individuals with almost infinite grace and mercy. Take for example the woman at the well - while he did expose her sin, at the very same time he offered her eternal life (and while he was at it, dispelled some religious myths). My point here is that the acceptance and living out of the true Gospel will make us a person who expresses grace and mercy to others. I don't see this coming from the LSM Trainees (and I've known many). Instead, for the most part, these dear young ones are filled with the teachings and traditions of men (mostly from one man).

So yes, these kids are changed alright, but not for the better I'm sorry to say.
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote