View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 10:59 AM   #3137
Drake

Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
This emphasis of Trump on "Loyalty" is indicative, perhaps the biggest warning sign, of a personality cult leader. I am reminded of Gregor Strasser when he left Hitler's party. He should have warned about the cult influence, instead he left quietly and apologetically, only to be killed in the night of the long knives. From that point on Hitler was demanding loyalty and it was a full blown cult movement.
The movement is less about loyalty to a person and more about loyalty to principle. Clearly, our POTUS is a flawed man in many ways but what he has exposed is a very disconcerting ruling class in the US government and in collusion with a media elite that considers him to be a parasite that must be destroyed and discharged. He is a disrupter to the order of things. Those who voted for him did not do it because he is a saint, like Mike Pence is considered by many but precisely because he represents a change from that ruling class in DC.

I think we knew that politicians and media would find little ground to work with or give credit to Trump. He says the sky is blue and his detractors will argue it is red. However, the most alarming thing that I did not grasp until recently is the lengths to which our intelligence apparatus were willing to become complicit in that discrediting mission and to get rid of him. Every time Brennen, Clapper, Comey open their mouths it just confirms what has become apparent. I find that creepy and the one aspect that every American should be alarmed about.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote