View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 05:59 PM   #45
Ohio

Default Re: Practically engaged to an LCer

I find it troubling that jmar would come to this forum seeking help for one of life's most important decisions, and then Drake would question whether jmar actually loved the girl he was almost engaged to. He then challenges jmar for not conducting himself in a forthcoming manner, questioning his convictions. If the LC's did not have such a poor track record with failed marriages, I might have remained silent here.

I believe that the matter of *convictions* is exactly what jmar and his GF need to have honest discussions about. That is why he came here to research his GF's church. I and others have commended him for reaching out to others.

jmar needs to know prior to his marriage whether she is committed to the Lord and to her future husband, or whether she is merely committed to a church with questionable ties to a Publishing House in Anaheim. Every healthy courtship demands answers like these to life's challenges, and the courtship is the right time to discover these answers -- not after they are married.

Call me old fashioned, but I do believe marriage is perhaps our most serious decision in life next to our faith, and should be preceded with much prayer and many discussions with a future spouse about serious matters of their relationship. Marriage in the 21st century is already bombarded with endless attacks, and finding a like-minded mate can reduce these challenges.