View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 02:30 AM   #25
aron

Default Re: Two Year Training Testimonies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
My goal was to become a full-timer. I went to the training for the sole purpose of being a full-timer, it was my dream. I was going to migrate to France for the Lord's move in Europe and serve there. The day before I graduated, a leading brother came and tapped on my shoulder and told me that I wasn't going to be a full-timer and I have to get a job. At the time I was devastated.
Bradley,

Thanks for having the courage to share. It will help many who have likewise suffered.

My story: about 20 yr ago I left the LC, and because my consciousness had been dominated by the immersive "church life" I was adrift.

After about 5 mostly purposeless and frustrating years I got a revelation, that I was on earth to help others. Like many, I'd been misled by the false dichotomy of "sacred" vs "secular" realms. God is King of everything!

I purposed to help others, and my life took an immediate turn, and I never looked back. Every day is it's own reward.; every day is full of challenge, opportunity, meaning, and grace.

I started on the bottom and worked and worked. I loved every minute. I have been promoted 4 times & now make decent wages, but that never mattered. The Lord provides always.

I've been led by 2 principles: "What you do to the least of these my brothers, you do unto me", and "Whatever you do to others, God will do to you." That's it: simple but it's never failed to guide, to encourage & to strengthen.

The Lord bless your journey with peace, joy & love. I believe you have a great adventure waiting.