View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 05:02 AM   #5
OBW

Default Re: I can't be the only one...

Quote:
A person is lying when he is not speaking according to truth and reality but according to expectation and hope. We should learn to speak according to facts and not express any opinion of our own. If we are giving our opinion, we need to make it clear that this is our opinion. When we are speaking a fact, we need to state that this is a fact. We must separate our opinions from facts. We should not mix facts with our opinions.
The real problem with this kind of statement is that someone else is simply supplying the "facts," even when they are in serious conflict with any verifiable support. We are relegated to either parroting the supplied "facts" or to speaking opinions. That is because we are only able to come up with opinions if we are not parroting their "facts."

And if you are gullible enough to believe that, then you will simply swallow your opinions and stick to their facts. Because the only things you are capable of speaking besides regurgitation of what Lee and the LSM says are opinions.

Funny that the LRC/LSM fact police are never ready (in season or out) to give a reason for anything. Just to declare bare "facts" without any reason. Just state that they are facts. Oh, they give reasons. But the reasons are simply more bare "facts" without reason. There is surely not a verse in sight that actually supports their contentions.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote