View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #60
NeitherFirstnorLast

Default There is no such thing as coincidence

"So I say to her, 'What version of the Bible do you read?' And she says: "The Recovery version." It is Wednesday evening, and I've just come home from Bible study with my wife. The voice on the phone, that greeted me with this odd snippet of conversation, is that of a dear friend and brother in Christ - the very one, in fact, with whom I'd first met for Bible Study here in Three Hills, Alberta.

This brother knows my testimony, I've shared with him the very things I've shared here with you all - and then some. He has heard of the RcV... I brought mine to his house a number of times, and carried it to our Sunday worship services for a number of months, before finally setting it on our bookshelf to start fresh with a new wide-margin NASB. While I have mentioned our time in the LSM church (and I call it that because that is what it is today - simply another denomination run by a business group for the marketing of it's products, rather than an honest 'Recovery' of the Lords or even a simple 'Local' church of believers who hold only to a common faith in Christ) - no, I've mentioned it, but I have not dwelt on it. The Lord is faithful. I have carried on with Him, lead by His grace and mercy - so why should I look back?

"This woman followed me out to my truck," my brother goes on to say. "She asked if I was a believer, and when I told her I was she was so happy. She was an older lady, very sweet...." He asked me if I knew her (from his description, perhaps), he asked me about the RcV, if it was something 'I would read'. He asked me about this group, as he never had before...

I have returned to write because I genuinely feel concern for this brother. If he comes here and reads this, then I pray he knows my heart in this. By his own testimony, this brother has been seeking. He is disenfranchised with the, I think he would call it, lack of genuine zeal and repentance before Almighty God. This brother watches men like Paul Washer and listens to the likes of Adrian Rogers - reads from books by men like Dave Wilkerson.... He longs to see the Church of Jesus Christ become what we know it one day will - when finally our Beloved comes for us. This is exactly the kind of saint LSM seeks.

Those who are dissatisfied.
Those who want something more spiritual.
Those who want to be "all in"

But what does LSM offer such as these?

Fellowship? Yes, but based on Christ AND Lees doctrine. Or perhaps THROUGH Lees doctrine.
Separation from the World? Yes, but also from other believers (the Body of Christ).

A chance to be "all in" without years of seminary or time in a foreign mission field? Yes, but "all in" an organization that encourages it's members not to go out and preach the "low gospel" which Christ commanded and commissioned us to preach - but rather to preach "another gospel" - and to seek genuine believrrs and turn them against their local bodies by presenting them with a false or doctored image of your own.

Oh Lord Jesus, open eyes and hearts to the Truth, Lord. I know too well that you cannot go to Living Streams website, read their "Statement of Faith", and think you've got all of it. Wha is preached to new comers is mosr especially editted - is it not? I seem to recall hearing something to that effect, but whether in Anaheim or Winnipeg, I cannot rightly recall.

I wanted to come back to say I was wrong. Brothers and Sisters, you do have a purpose here. You bring to light things hidden in darkness, and for that, I am grateful. Continue to speak the truth - and always in love.

Yours in Christ,

NeitherFirstnorLast

Last edited by Cal; 10-08-2012 at 07:02 AM.
NeitherFirstnorLast is offline   Reply With Quote