View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 11:52 AM   #4
TLFisher

Default Re: I Left the Church 3 Years ago after Fighting with Depression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Oh did not get me started about what they do to the sisters . Be quit sister , dress modest sister , do not talk to the brothers sister. That church puts themselves in a bubble and tried to keep people in and the world out . I hope it pops and all the world comes in. They ruined me , but I am strong . I see their tricks and lies .
Depression is a difficult subject to talk about. People suffer on varying levels and I need to be sensitive when discussing it. How I suffer, others may suffer more.
Talking about sisters, I have a teenage daughter. Both my teenagers when they were pre-teens was the age where I did not want them to be subjected what you're talking about. I wouldn't want serving ones overstepping their bounds how to tell my daughter how to dress or who to speak to.
Personally need to feel comfortable speaking with the opposite gender. How you cause a person to be dysfunctional is to say don't talk to boys, don't talk to girls. Once as adolescents you form a young person with a trails of do not's, it may take them years to recover if at all. In my opinion serving ones have been too careless in their zeal to serve young brothers and young sisters. Parents too have been careless in relinquishing their parental responsibility as some sort of "being one with the serving ones".
I may share a photo from my Facebook timeline what I consider to be normal healthy human environment for young brothers and sisters from Lakeside Bible Camp my children attended some years back.