Thread: A lost soul
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 02:17 PM   #6
aron

Default Re: A lost soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I started to read the four gospels and hope that the Lord will help me.
Let me put it simply: if you read the four gospels, and the Lord does NOT help you, then that is HIS problem, not yours.

If you make an effort to come to God, and God doesn't reciprocate, then the lack lies with God and not you. And from what I've seen, God doesn't lack.

So read on, and be encouraged. The Lord is near you. "Your labor is not in vain, in the Lord."

Lastly, I would encourage anyone who is starting out to read the four gospels. Read them until you know them better than you know anything else. Then you will be preserved, from going astray, when you venture into other books of the Bible.

One of the main problems of the Witness Lee group is that they are so fixated on the letter (theology) of Paul that they forget about the Spirit of Jesus Christ. Believe me, that Spirit is quite evident in the four gospels! Jesus didn't go around expositing theology. Jesus went around doing good works, full of compassion toward those who otherwise had no hope. See Peter's testimony to the Gentile Cornelius in Acts 10. Especially verse 38. If anyone was qualified to characterize Jesus' ministry in those words it was Peter, and therefore I take it quite seriously.

And all the details, all the good works of God's mercy, love, tender compassion, are there in the four gospels. All the evidence is there in those four books, that the gospel of Jesus is for real. If you hold those testimonies close, you will never go astray.