View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:55 PM   #22
MacDuff

Default Re: Was Witness Lee a False Prophet? (Merged Thread)

Igzy

Quote:
MacDuff, you keep dissing "interpretation" as if there is some alternative. But there isn't. It's all interpretation. Now, some interpretation is inspired, and some isn't. But it's all interpretation. Everything is filtered through our minds. There's no other way to contact reality. We interpret everything, including the movements of the Spirit in us.

What's missing from your discourse is something telling us how to know the difference between inspired and uninspired interpretation.
Dissing: “act or speak in a disrespectful way towards, disrespectful talk” Oxford Dictionary.

Why do you think I should respect something that I don’t believe is proper. People on this forum diss Lee and the LC all the time. Why don’t you go to them and discuss disrespect? Maybe because you’re guilty of it yourself?

But have no fear. I’m beginning to change my mind about a lot of things. Interpretation included.

Those who are led by the Spirit know the difference between what is inspired and what is not inspired. And being led by the Spirit should lead one who is open minded to the teaching of Christ through the Spirit, to the realization that personal interpretation can not be the end all of our knowledge as those who are in Christ.

And I think I should add that only the Bible is inspired in my Biblicist view. There is no such thing as inspired interpretations. Now as a Catholic, my view is that only the interpretations of the Church are inspired, if inspired is even the right term to use. In that regard I’m not sure. What I do know is that the practice of interpretation is valid in Catholicism, but only on a community and historic level. The practice of personal interpretation, which is what is being talked about here, is not valid. And I’m beginning to see why.

Either way, I would have to oppose the idea of the validity of personal interpretation. As a Catholic, only the interpretations of the Church are valid. As a Biblicist, only the interpretations of Jesus Christ are valid. Personally, I can’t find any solace in personal opinions. It seems that those who believe in the validity of personal interpretation are able to do so.

Quote:
In answer to OBW
Yeah, unfortunately this is what I hear MacDuff saying, too. His ideas are truth. Everyone else's are interpretation. And he doesn't tell us how he knows the difference. I could be wrong, but that's what I keep hearing.
Let’s see how many feathers I can ruffle. Perhaps the reason is because you’re not listening to what I’m saying.

Quote:
There was a guy on the board a while back like that. He didn't seem to have faith in anything, even to trust the hand in front of his face. He was most unhappy. I told him to pray every day for 30 days for faith.

He never posted again.
Which implies nothing. You haven’t a clue why he never posted again. Maybe he started to consider you in the same way you consider me and figured it was a waste of time to post here.

Why you would encourage an Atheist (assuming he didn’t believe in anything you believe in) to pray is beyond me. Who do you think he would be praying to in his mind? And you are wrong to imply that he didn’t seem to have faith in anything. Everyone has faith in something. Even Atheists have faith that God doesn’t exist and act according to that faith. You just didn’t know what he had faith in. You have a tendency to judge people by your own standard. Which is actually reasonable because it’s all you’ve got to judge with. Maybe it would behoove you to leave people you can’t understand to people who can. It’s not about you any more than it’s about me.

MacDuff
MacDuff is offline   Reply With Quote