View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 11:23 AM   #37
Ohio

Default Re: Why don't Local Church Members Post Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
UntoHim,

I don't think a separate page would make a difference in attracting local church members. There are other reasons they stay away.

First, I think anonymity is crucial and the forum provides that and you accommodated me by foregoing the usual registration process. That can be done for anyone. That might make a difference for a few.

Second, many local church members are just not interested or they do not consider it a good redemption of time. Some wonder what is the point? Those would never come under any circumstances.

Third, a few might come for some reason and I came to discuss relevant things as Ohio rightly said. Yet, since most conversations pivot, sooner or later, to the sins of PL, or lawsuits, or MOTA or etc. etc. then I am finding it less and less interesting knowing that every discussion will end up in one of these same cul-de-sac s sooner or later.

I don't speak for any current local church members, just my own views.

Drake
Quick comment, since my name was mentioned.

Lots of things bothered me as a stepped away in 2005 and researched the LSM and LCM.

The things you just mentioned were not adequate to cause me to leave, having lived thru them to varying degrees.

The treatment of John Ingalls was most troubling to me. If Lee could do that, then I felt he was capable of anything.