View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 03:51 PM   #25
Freedom

Default Re: From a concerned parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERn View Post
Does anyone know if the LC is not growing? The JW are growing, the Mormons are growing, why wouldn't the LC be not growing?
Since the LC does not publish official membership statistics, it's hard to say for sure.

About a year ago I saw a powerpoint presentation online about a camp that the local churches in Southern California were purchasing. IIRC on one of the slides they listed some numbers stating that there are something like 50 local churches in the area with 6500 or so meeting on Lord's day.

There are no other numbers to compare that to so it's anyone's guess as to what those numbers were 10 or 20 years ago. Knowing how much LC leadership loves to purge detractors and even regions of the country, it seems fair to assume that any sizable increase has been offset by decreases elsewhere.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote