View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 06:14 PM   #361
Awoken

Default Re: What is God's Economy?

Well, relating to all of this perhaps, I read John 12 today. Listened to it while I was on the treadmill via my convenient British-accented Bible reading bot, then used a parallel Bibles app to compare between 5 versions. Here is what I was "touched by" (to coin an LC cliché) -

Berean Study Bible: "And I know that His command leads to eternal life. So I speak exactly what the Father has told Me to say."

Darby Bible: "and I know that His commandment is life eternal. What therefore I speak, as the Father has said to me, so I speak."

NASB: "I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told Me."

Amplified: "I know that His commandment is eternal life. So the things I speak, I speak [in accordance with His exact instruction,] just as the Father has told Me."

Holy Bible from Ancient Eastern Manuscripts (Lamsa): "And I know that his commandment is life everlasting; these things therefore which I speak, just as my Father told me, so I speak."

I especially like the Amplified Bible on this one. Very clear explanation from the Son of God - "I know that God's command itself IS eternal life, therefore I make sure I speak/do EXACTLY what He says."
Awoken is offline   Reply With Quote