View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 05:41 PM   #1101
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: Politics and the Church

It seems this thread has become too tame, so let's include a discussion on the recent firing of Comey.

I find it interesting that after being advised that Flynn has been compromised by the Russians Trump fires the woman who told him this a few days later, but takes close to a month to fire Flynn.

Now compare that to firing Comey the same day it comes out in the testimony that he might have misspoke about the email incident. On the surface it seems like a reasonable mistake, thousands of emails were forwarded, it may have seemed from his original testimony that this was done manually, but the issue is that it was done. Hard to know who was at fault for this misunderstanding or even how serious it is, if it is even serious. But to instantly fire him suggests to me this is merely a contrived excuse and not the real reason.

I have to wonder if anyone who touches this question of collusion between Russia and the Trump administration does so knowing that they will be terminated at the first opportunity.

On the other hand if it really is the reason then wow, it really shows how upset Trump is that he won the election.