View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 08:59 PM   #473
Ohio

Default Re: What is God's Economy?

Quote:
As I exhorted thee to wait at Ephesus, when I was going into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge certain men not to teach a differently, neither to give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questionings, rather than *God’s Economy” which is in faith. But the goal of the charge is love out of a pure heart and a good conscience and unfeigned faith
God’s economy, God’s household arrangement, God’s plan, God’s stewardship, etc. has been diversely translated by every translator of the Bible. WL preferred the transliteration of “economy” from the Gk. Oikonomia. That’s fine. Many Greek words just don’t have perfect English words to use and convey the Apostle’s thought.

What really troubled me about WL’s and the Blended’s insistence here was yanking it out of context. We can argue words, but remember the old adage: Text without context is a pretext for a proof text. This saying never was so true as with these verses. How many times (e.g. “a faithful word”, “shepherding words”, etc to start) have I read LSM articles using God’s Economy as a sledgehammer to beat others down? Concerning LSM and DCP how true is another saying: A little knowledge is dangerous.. Never think that LSM is gifted in knowledge from God because they exclusively teach what others do not. Knowledge merely puffs up. But what was Paul saying here? What was on his heart? What was his burden to convey to Timothy?

Paul tells us in plain words: “the goal of the charge is love out of a pure heart and a good conscience and unfeigned faith.” LSM loves to fight for “God’s Economy,” but they completely miss the goal. The miss love out of a pure heart, a good conscience, and unfeigned faith. How many times have I seen them totally miss out on love, and instead minister a spirit of condemnation which damaged many a heart, many consciences, and the faith of many.