View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 08:04 AM   #28
undisclosed location

Default Re: Non-LC member dating an LC member--help!

I've been reading through the original messages from 2015 (from the non-denominational woman who was in an on-again/off-again relationship with an LC-man), and I can very much relate to the confusion, frustration, and love that she has (had?) for this man.

I was raised in the southern baptist denomination. I currently enjoy fellowship with a non-denominational group of believers. I met an LC-man fairly recently. He and I enjoyed fellowshipping about the Lord together. However, as things got more serious, he was deadset on me being a part of the LC. I would question why it was so important for me to be a part of it and why he wasn't willing to fellowship with the group of believers I fellowship with. He would bring up the same thing that an LC-woman (neither of whom knew each other) would whenever I questioned this: "If there are four 'churches' on a street corner, how do you know with which one to fellowship?" (And, the arguing would continue as we attempted to discuss this.)

I could go in to a lot more detail, but suffice it to say, this discussion has helped me to realize that the prayer I prayed was very helpful. I prayed that God would do whatever it takes to get me to where He wants me. I prayed that prayer consistently, and I still do. I want to be in the center of His will for me, no matter the cost. (I caution anyone about praying this if you're not prepared for the consequences because God IS at work... constantly.) After I started praying that prayer, I believe God orchestrated it so that I could get out of the relationship. (I won't give the details of how that happened... in case this LC-man or his family happens to see this.)

It has not been easy. The LC-man continues to contact me on occasion. It usually ends up with us arguing about the LC even though he claims he is not arguing.

If you (the original initiator of this 'thread') see this, I hope it somehow helps. Your openness in sharing has helped me. Thank you.