View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 12:06 PM   #41
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: Some Good Things to Come Out of the Recovery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." (Proverbs 27:17)

I would replace your term "accusation" with another word: "try". As mature Christians we are not called to accuse, per se, but we are called to try, to test and to discern. "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world." (1 John 4:1) "But have tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false." (Revelation 2:2)
Thanks for that thoughtful reply! Iron does sharpen iron. Deep calls unto deep. Spirit builds up spirit.

I'll convey some fellowship I had with a brother yesterday over lunch about this same thing. I told him about my rediscovery of this forum, after not being on here for six years (I truly forgot about this forum until someone recently sent me a link to Don Rutledge's "History" posted on here). We had a nice little chat about reviewing and analyzing all things LC online, and also about having discussions of same. He said he is aware of many such online discussions, books, etc. He said he has had many opportunities to jump in and write things to clarify, correct or update various matters, as he has been around since the very early 1970s, and has been in a position of leadership a good part of that time. He said that he could certainly write large books on the topic - as we probably all could!

But the Lord checks him each time he starts to do this and he has little appetite for it. We discussed how after reading about these things at length or being in long discussions with someone about the sins of the LC and WL, we are just deadened in spirit. (although the flesh may get all worked up)

So of course all things are lawful, but not all things are profitable for building up. Is the end result love for our brothers or a critical spirit that wants to make our point?
Sons to Glory! is offline   Reply With Quote