View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 07:18 AM   #24
awareness

Default Re: Doug Krieger testimony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Of course, awareness was in SC in 1971 but I doubt he remembers anyone named Krieger. I have a service group list from Jan 1971 in SC of 15 groups and Krieger is not mentioned. His story is a fabrication.
Yes, I must have come in, along with 11 other Southgate Sickies (friends from Southgate Michigan) right after Dave left for Detroit. I remember well Karl, Ma, Dennis (elder) Dave Becker (elder), and somewhat remember John (elder ??)(Lawrence and Becker ended up in Ft. Lauderdale).

But I never once heard of Krieger until Ft. Lauderdale, that he was up in the inner circle of Lee.

But then I never heard of Dave either, until I went to Detroit. Karl, a proud a-hole, and sold on himself like Krieger, always told that he started Santa Cruz by preaching the gospel on the boardwalk.

Incidentally, by far Paul Ma was my favorite brother from those days. He was such a sweet caring brother. I sure wish I could talk to him again so I could give him a piece of my mind for not telling me the truth about Watchman Nee in Shanghai, which he had to know about. Aron brought up "omerta." Which I eventually learned was the culture of the Chinese. So I guess I can't hold it against Paul Ma for being what he grew up to be. Still, I'm not happy with him for allowing me to be deceived. He prolly told Hammond in confidence. Which would explain Karl's rebellion against Lee. Or maybe Karl learned it from someone else.

Now I know that there was a hidden history of Lee even way back then ... and of Nee too. Sure wish I knew that back then. It would have saved me from 10 yrs of the formative yrs of my adult life committed to a cult.

And I wouldn't today likely be on this crazy forum ... getting hammered for not being a rabid evangelical.