View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 11:12 PM   #142
Evangelical

Default Re: Deceptions on Campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by byHismercy View Post
If you pray to dead human beings like Mary or some apostles....then they are your idols.

If you pray to a wooden statue of long dead Buddah, then that is your idol.

If you divide from the body of Christ for not receiving Witness Lee as the oracle of god, the minister of the age, the apostle of the age, the one ministry.....then Witness Lee and Living Stream Ministry is your idol...whether or not you practice transparency and "name" your group after WL or not.
Only if you can point me to the body of Christ and say "there is the body" and show me that this is the body of Christ we are divided from, can you really say that. So which denomination or denominations exactly are you going to point me to? If you are unable to point me to the body of Christ, then I'm afraid you cannot claim we are divided from it. The Catholics could tell me clearly, "we are the mystical body of Christ, and these protestants are sects as they have divided from us". What can you say?

Practically speaking, the "body of Christ" you refer to is a plurality of denominations, and has been split into Protestant/Catholic etc for quite some time. So, I don't really know what you mean by "dividing from the body", when the body you speak of is already fractured. I think you mean "dividing from the conglomeration of denominations (minus Catholics) that we think is the body of Christ". If this is the case, then a believer "divides the body" every time they choose to attend one denomination over another because of their preference, likes/dislikes etc. And spiritually speaking, I think as long as we are believers, we cannot be divided from the body of Christ.
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote